Advantages to Fall
There are some great reasons students might want to consider going away for the Fall semester. Below is a list of reasons that studying abroad in the fall can be a great advantage to you. We also have extra money available for students who go abroad in the fall.
Go Away with More
- Going in the Fall means you'll have more time to prepare for your sojourn –the more you know before you go, the more you get out of the experience!
- Take advantage of extra time over the summer to read up on your host country's history and culture, and to brush up your language skills.
- Fewer people on your program and in your classes means better integration and more personal attention from instructors and administrators.
- Nationally, more people study abroad in the Spring than the Fall – buck the trend and beat the crowds!
- Fall programs tend to fill less quickly and often have less strict GPA and pre-requisite requirements.
- Have your heart set on a selective or popular program? Fall is usually your best bet for getting in.
- Fewer people in your host location in the Fall means less competition for the best internship/ research and field placements.
- Be back at Brandeis in the Spring so you can apply and interview for summer internships.
- As we're entering the cold winter season here in North America, Spring is transitioning to Summer in the Southern hemisphere – enjoy the "winter" break in 80 degree weather.
- Fall is also a great time to visit the U.K. In the words of one returned student who spent a year in Ireland, "Spring term is colder, rainier and gloomier" (There are new Fall options in the U.K.).
- Discover new holidays and new interpretations of the holidays you thought you knew.
- Share your own holiday traditions with new friends and family.
- Be back on campus to participate in Culture X and other student life events.
- It may be important to be on campus in the spring for some leadership opportunities such as CA, Club leadership, and Roosevelt Fellow selection.