New Programs for 2011-2012
The following programs were provisionally added to the approved list:
1. Turkana Basin Field School, Kenya
2. SIT/ Indigenous Peoples and Globalization, Peru
3. CIEE/ International Business and Culture; Mumbai, India
4. Budapest Semesters in Mathematics; Budapest, Hungary
5. CIEE/ Service Learning, Dominican Republic
6. SIT/ Health & Human Rights; New Delhi, India
7. CIEE/Jordan Diplomacy and Policy Studies; Jordan Institute of Diplomacy; Amman, Jordan
8. CET/Intensive Japanese Language & Cultural Studies; Osaka Gakuin University; Osaka, Japan
9. SIT/France Language, Community and Social Change; ICT-Institute Catholic Toulouse; Toulouse, France
New Program Approval
If you would like to attend a study abroad program not listed on the Approved Program List, you should gather as much information on the program as possible, especially academic and support services information, and set up an appointment to see J. Scott Van Der Meid, Assistant Dean of Academic Services and Director of Study Abroad.
If the program meets the basic standards Brandeis University has established for study abroad programs, you will then be given the next steps to follow. The procedures to get a new study abroad program approved by the University Curriculum Committee are lengthy so please plan ahead.
Please note that students requesting new program approval must also turn in a complete Brandeis Application for Study Abroad by the new program approval deadline, in addition to their petition. Exceptions to this deadline will not be made. Since this is an involved process, students should begin working with our office at least a month before the deadline below.
New Program Approval Deadlines:
• December 16, 2011 at noon