Brandeis Study Abroad Account
Contact a member of the study abroad staff at 781-736-3483 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gerzon Endowed Scholarship
The George and Gertrude Gerzon Endowed Scholarship for Eastern European Holocaust Studies was established to support students that have completed course work offered by the Brandeis University Near Eastern and Judaic Studies Program, who will be studying in Eastern Europe.
The Office of Study Abroad is pleased to announce that the Gerzon Scholarship is available for spring 2014 study abroad!
Juniors that are eligible to receive financial aid from Brandeis University whose GPA is at least a 3.0 may apply for the Gerzon scholarship. Typical awards range from $500 to $1,500. Candidates are evaluated on the basis of a project statement, a faculty recommendation, and for finalists, an interview. Preference will be given to those who will be studying in Poland or a program that includes course work or projects related to Holocaust Studies in Eastern Europe, please see the approved programs below.
- CET Jewish Studies in Prague, Czech Republic
- CET CEntral European Studies in Prague, Czech Republic
- CIEE Central European Studies in Prague, Czech Republic
- CIEE Central European Studies in Budapest, Hungary
- CIEE Central European Studies in Warsaw, Poland
- SIT Serbia, Bosnia, and Kosovo: Peace and Conflict Studies in the Balkans
Interested applicants will need login to the Brandeis Study Abroad Account system to create an account. The complete application process includes the following:
- Brandeis Study Abroad Application
- Gerzon Scholarship Application
- External Program Application with CET, CIEE, or SIT
Please Note: Applying to one of the programs above does not guarantee automatic Gerzon funding.
Deadline for Spring 2014 is October 4, 2013.