Want more info?
If you would like to receive additional information about Brandeis and the TYP, please contact us.
Applying to the TYP
We're happy you want to know more about the TYP. Here's some information that will be helpful for applying to the program.
Each year, Brandeis admits 20 students to the TYP. Each applicant must be projected to complete high school or its equivalent (e.g., earning a GED) prior to the start of the 2012-13 academic year.
Each applicant must submit the following materials by the posted deadline:
- Completed Common Application including the Brandeis Supplement (be sure to check the TYP box).
- Official copy of all high school transcripts and/or GED certificate.
- Official copy of SAT or ACT scores and TOEFL scores, if applicable.
- Official transcript(s) for any course(s) taken at the post-secondary school level.
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from teachers, mentors, employers, etc.
- A 400-word essay about what makes you a good candidate for the TYP (in place of the personal statement).
- A copy of your U.S. Permanent Resident Visa (Green Card) if not a U.S. citizen.
- A complete CSS Profile.
* It is strongly suggested that applicants to the TYP set up an interview. Upon receipt of applications, we may also contact candidates and request that they interview with us.
For more information about applying to the TYP, please visit the Brandeis Undergraduate Admissions website.
TYP Admissions Interview
If you are interested in finding about more regarding the interviews for the Transitional Year Program, please visit the Admissions Website.
Financial Aid Information
Brandeis University will meet 100 percent of calculated institutional financial need as determined by the CSS Profile and federal income-tax returns for each year of an admitted TYP student's attendance. A typical financial-aid package will consist of a need-based scholarship, loans and a work award.
TYP applicants can contact Cathy Nelson in the Office of Student Financial Services for additional information.
For more information about TYP, please visit the Transitional Year Program Website or email TYP Director Erika Smith.
For questions about the TYP admissions process, please email Jared Rivers, associate director of admissions.