BA/MA in International Economics and Finance
The BA/MA, offered jointly with Brandeis International Business School (IBS), is an innovative program for Brandeis undergraduates focused on international finance, economics, and business. The BA/MA targets financial and economic skills needed to understand the global economy and operations of international capital markets. BA/MA students develop the ability to apply skills and expertise to "real world" trends and challenges.
Perks of program:
- Access to internship opportunities and collaborative programming through the Hiatt Career Center and the Brandeis IBS Career Strategies Center
- BA/MA Advising Program through Brandeis IBS
- Networking opportunities with Brandeis IBS alumni
- Invitations to Brandeis IBS events and speakers
- Support from BA/MA mentors
- Registration assistance for Brandeis IBS graduate courses
How to apply
No separate application is required. Simply answer "yes" to the following question when you apply to Brandeis: "Would you like to be considered for admission to the 5-year BA/MA Program in International Economics and Finance offered jointly through the Brandeis International Business School?"
Students who apply Early Decision I or Early Decision II will be informed of their BA/MA admission decision by April 1. Early Decision I and Early Decision II applicants will still receive their undergraduate admission decisions in December and February respectively.
Upon being accepted as a BA/MA student, students must meet the following requirements to continue in the MA program:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at end of junior year
- “B” grade or better in each of the following required courses, to be completed by the end of junior year:
- Introduction to Microeconomics (ECON 10a)
- Introduction to Macroeconomics (ECON 20a)
- Microeconomic Theory (ECON 80a)
- Statistics for Economic Analysis (ECON83a)
- Completion of one relevant internship experience pre-approved by BA/MA Academic Advisor
- Completion of undergraduate degree in four years
For more information on the BA/MA program and Brandeis IBS, visit the Brandeis IBS website.