Still Have Questions?
Do you have questions you didn't find here? Please call 781-736-3470 to schedule an appointment to meet with your academic advisor, or stop by the Office of Academic Services in Usdan 130 during drop-in hours, Monday-Friday 1-5 PM, to speak with an advisor.
Junior Year FAQs
- My expected graduation date in SAGE is not correct. How do I get it changed?
- Is it too late to declare AP or IB credit?
- Is it worth declaring AP/IB credit is it doesn't count toward my major and I don't need it to fulfil any university requirements?
- Why does my foreign language requirement say Not Started even though I have completed (or am enrolled in) the 10 or 20 course level?
- What is the deadline for declaring additional majors and minors?
Contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no deadline for declaring AP or IB credits. Fill out the AP/IB Declaration Form, found at the Registrar's Office and confirm that they have an official copy of your scores. If they don't, have them sent directly from the College Board or the IB Office.
Yes. In a number of cases the credits from AP or IB tests could to allow you to take a lighter courseload in future semesters. There is no downside to declaring the credits even if you choose not to use them.
The way that Sage has been programmed, the FL requirement is listed as "not started" until you register for the 30 level (or higher) course. At that time Sage will say "Projected to Complete" and once a passing grade has been submitted it will change to "Complete." "In process" is never used in Sage in reference to the FL requirement.
The deadline is always the last day of add/drop in the final semester that the student is at Brandeis. For students planning to graduate in May the deadline would be the last day of add/drop in January and for those planning to graduate in December it would be the last day of add/drop in September. The beginning of every semester is very busy for everyone and it may be difficult to get an appointment with the UAH to get the Major/Minor Declaration Form signed if you wait until right before the deadline. Plan ahead!