Artist and Craftsman Supply in Central Square, Cambridge, will give you a discount if you say you are from Brandeis.
They have a great selection and are very helpful.
"We hire our sales staff based on their happy demeanor, their outgoing nature, their genuine enjoyment of people, and then we train the hell out of them."
617.354.3636, 580 Massachusetts Ave.
Grant Recipients: How to Get Reimbursed
- Make two copies of your receipts.
- Keep one copy for your records.
- Attach one copy and the originals to either a Petty Cash Request Form or Expense Report (see below).
- Fill out the form EXCEPT for the sections asking for a Chart String, Account Number, Fund, DeptID, Program, and Project/Grant.
- Do not include sales tax. Sales tax will not be reimbursed.
- Submit the form with attached receipts to Ingrid Schorr, Office of the Arts, MS 092 or Office of the Arts, Mandel Center for Humanities, first floor.
Use a Petty Cash Request Form if your receipts total less than $100 and you would like to get cash from the financial office at 60 Turner Street. Go to this link and click on Cashiering, then download the Petty Cash form.
Use the Travel & Business Expense Report for all other expenses EXCEPT for stipends, professional fees, and payments made directly to vendors. You will receive a check in the mail about two weeks after turning in your Expense Report.
You can be reimbursed for local travel by taxi, commuter rail, bus, car, etc. Fill out an Expense Report. For mileage driven, include a copy of your route from Mapquest or Google Maps. You will be reimbursed per mile.
Stipends and Other Professional Fees
Say you hire a professional musician to perform a piece you wrote. For tax purposes, this person must be paid by Brandeis directly. Do not pay this person yourself. Have them write an invoice and fill out a W9 form. If they are already in the Brandeis system - if they have been paid by Brandeis before - they don't need to complete a W9.
Payments Made Directly to a Vendor
Say that you order clay from a company that does business with Brandeis and will bill us directly. You give me the invoice and I will fill out a Payment Request form to have a check sent directly to the clay company.
You must include the original receipt, not a copy.
- Receipts should be itemized, meaning all items purchased should be shown, not just a total amount.
- For online orders, combined printouts of an order confirmation (not a shipping cart) and a shipping confirmation constitute an original receipt.
- If items are purchased with a check, attach a copy of the processed check.
- Rarely, some stores only give out written or e-mail receipts. In this case, the following should be included in the paper.
- Date and time of purchase
- All items purchased
- Store’s phone number, complete address and name of a cashier
- International purchases: Proof of payment in foreign languages must be translated into English. Please also provide the translator's contact information. If amount purchased is in foreign currency, convert the foreign currency into the U.S. amount based on the rate on date of purchase, not before or later. Print out from a Web page for the rate used to convert the expense to U.S. dollars and attach to proof of payment.