Spontaneous Segregation of Self-Propelled Particles with Different Motilities
Movies from our recent paper entitled "Spontaneous Segregation of Self-Propelled Particles with Different Motilities" by Samuel R. McCandlish, Aparna Baskaran, and Michael F. Hagan, arXiv:1110.2479.
The follow movies are available:
- Formation of transient nematic lanes (14MB)
- Breakdown of transient nematic lanes (10MB)
- Onset of segregation at moderate area fraction (8MB)
- Segregation and mixing at high area fraction (8MB)
- Active clusters with some passive herds (10MB)
Active rods are colored red, and passive rods are colored green. The head of an active rod is indicated by a black dot.