The original contributors and curators for the documentary and anthology continue to innovate and transform the field of peacebuilding and the arts. Read about their recent activities, upcoming events, and other updates:
- Daniel Banks
- Catherine Filloux
- Kate Gardner
- Roberto Gutiérrez Varea
- Mary Ann Hunter
- Roberta Levitow
- Allison Lund
- Ruth Margraff
- Dijana Milošević
- Aida Nasrallah
- John O'Neal
- Madhawa Palihapitiya
- Lee Perlman
- Jo Salas
- Polly Walker
Reflections & Responses
In the past year, Aida Nasrallah published two short story collections, both of which garnered positive response from critics, including Arabic literature critic Dr. Iman Yonis. She also taught art therapy and worked with a group who uses theatre as reconciliation with the self and the other.
In 2012 Nasrallah received her doctorate from Tel Aviv University for her dissertation “The Representation of the Female Body in the Performances and Art of Palestinian Women in Israel from 1998 to 2010.”
In the coming year, Nasrallah will be teaching a special course called “Acting Together” at the High School for the Arts in Naamat. The main content for this course will be the Acting Together anthology.
Nasrallah is also finishing two new plays in Arabic, both of which explore the topic of conflict, and the idea that all nations suffer in a state of war. One of the plays is “ALDAFIRA: Plead under Pressure” and the second is “I Will Flee the Fire with My Hands.” Her work will be included in the “Anthology for Contemporary Palestinian Poets.”
Upcoming Events:Back to One-Year Anniversary page.
Conference on politics and education, with lecturers from Beit Berl College in Germany
October 6, 2012
University of La Verne (est. Lordsburg College), California
Beit Berl College, Isreal
Interviews, News and Articles:
- Nasrallah, Aida. (2012). “The Rituals of Women,” “Soul Playing,” “The She-Barefooted,” and “A Hymn without a Rhythm.” Published in “The Story of a People: An Anthology of Palestinian Poets Within the Green-Lines.” Translated and edited by Jamal Assadi, Lang Publishing: New York, Washington: DC, Baltimore, Bern, Frankfort, Berlin: Brussels, Vienna, Oxford: 85-88.
- Nasrallah, Aida. “Israeli Arabs Speak: The Closed, Locked Body Speaks.” Eretz Acheret Journal about Israel and Judaism. October 3, 2011.
- Nasrallah, A. (2012). “From Victim to the Saviour.” Published in “Raeda Saadeh, Reframing Palestine.” Ed. Rose Issa. London: Beyond Art Productions and Rose Issa Projects, 54-55.
- Nasrallah, A. “Ahmad Canaan: The Dreamer Knight.” Review for artist Ahmad Canaan.
- Nasrallah, A. “Under the Shadow.” A dialogue play manuscript.
Acting Together Case Study:
Read Aida Nasrallah's original case study for the Acting Together project.