Calendar Policy and Procedures
BrandeisEVENTS is the university’s central, comprehensive events calendar. The calendar informs and connects the campus community on the wide array of events offered at Brandeis.
Event Submission Requirements
- Events may only be submitted for consideration by members of the Brandeis community with a valid UNet ID.
- Events must be submitted via the online event submission form.
- Events should be sponsored by a Brandeis entity (school, department, program, division, center or institute, office or club).
- Prior to submitting a calendar request, the event organizer must reserve the event location through the proper channels, and ensure that the times associated with the event are correct. An event being published to the calendar does not reserve the location.
- Event listings must include title, date/time, location, sponsor, description and contact information. A website link for additional information is encouraged.
- Appropriate events include, but are not limited to, lectures, workshops, seminars, arts events, cultural events, community service events, social events, information sessions and athletic events.
- Although two weeks is best for event promotion, calendar requests must be submitted at least 5 business days before the event.
Download the best practices for event titles and descriptions (PDF)
Events That May Not be Approved
- Events that lack required information.
- Events that lack appropriate sponsorship by a Brandeis entity or lack a clear Brandeis connection.
- Events that lack the approval of appropriate Brandeis entities.
- Events submitted less than 5 business days before the event date.
- Classes, department meetings, student club meetings, save the dates, and application deadlines will not be displayed on the calendar.
University Regulation and Authority
The Office of Communications determines what listings appear on BrandeisEVENTS, the Featured Events calendar and the Featured Events sidebar on BrandeisNOW. Event submissions are considered on a case-by-case basis, and the approval process can take up to three business days. The Office of Communications may edit event listing information for style and consistency. Brandeis University reserves the right to delete and/or edit event listings if they do not meet appropriate criteria, violate local, state or federal law, or Brandeis University policies and procedures.
Event Updates and Cancellations
Update or cancellation requests from event organizers will be considered and managed in a timely manner (within 24 hours) whenever possible. Exceptions may include holidays and weekends. Please note that the calendar “pushes” data to various outlets, like the university’s mobile application, and the timing of updates to those outlets falls outside the direct control of calendar managers.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding the calendar.