* "Brandeis is unique in offerings students opportunities to work closely with professors and to develop their research and analytical skills, and it is wonderful that the Experiential Learning program fosters this type of development within the student body. Through this program, students are given the chance to explore what they are interested in through intriguing outlets and opportunities. I would love to see the program grow and for more students and faculty to get involved with this program in the future." - Becky Sniderman'10*
An Intellectual Challenge
- Tackle problems for which there are no answers in the back of the book.
- Challenge your powers of observation, analysis and creative thinking.
- Test theories against concrete experience. Create and prove new theories.
A Practical Experience
- Explore the world of a professional in the field.
- Ask yourself, "Is this field the right fit for me?"
- Sharpen applications for graduate school and employment by documenting skills and experience.
Opportunity for Personal Growth
- Develop skills to work in groups or independently.
- Appreciate differences in learning style, values and world view.
- Practice taking informed risks, and learn from mistakes as well as successes.