SAVE THE DATE
Experiential Learning Symposium - Present a project you have completed with personal significance and broad impact!
Submit applications here by March 10th.
Symposium will be held in the Admissions building on April 3rd, 4-5pm and 7-8pm.
DeisTalks - A lecture series styled after the TED expo. Organized by Education for Students by Students.
Learn more and nominate speakers here.
DeisTalks will be held in the Admissions building on April 3rd, 5-7pm.
NEWS AND OTHERS
Area hotels donate a percentage to Experiential Learning each time your guest stays!
Check out our "What did you learn?" Campaign on Facebook!
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5pm
Location: Suite 127, First Floor, Mandel Center
Experiential Learning and Teaching
Brandeis University offers students and faculty a wide range of active and reflective learning and teaching opportunities.
The mission of The Office of Experiential Learning and Teaching is to collaborate with faculty and staff to help students:
- broaden, deepen and enrich their relationship to the content/subject matter
- actively apply and connect their learning to their own life experience
- understand their motivations and values
- inform current and future curricular, career and co-curricular experiences
- develop agency, self-efficacy resilience, decision making, reflection and other life skills
- participate as informed citizens in a global society
We act on our mission by supporting the use of Experiential Learning pedagogy both in and out of the classroom. Experiential Learning pedagogy encourages students to reflect on what they are learning to develop new knowledge, skills and values. Therefore, learners construct meaning in a way unique to themselves that can influence their lives and future decisions towards their participation as responsible global citizens.
For a broader sense of the experiential aspects of Brandeis academics, please inquire about the associated programs and departments.
- Experiential Learning Courses
- Practicum courses
- Justice Brandeis Semester
- Academic Internship Courses
- Community Engaged Learning Courses