The Faculty Senate:
- Introduces issues and formulates legislation or proposals for other actions for consideration by the Faculty Meeting.
- Reviews proposed legislation before its submission to the Faculty Meeting and contemplated changes in university rules and regulations that affect faculty, and makes appropriate recommendations to the sponsors thereof and to the Faculty Meeting.
- Reviews the activities of standing and special faculty committees on an annual basis and makes appropriate recommendations for the improvement thereof.
- Conducts faculty elections.
- Considers proposals to establish new schools, departments or undergraduate interdepartmental programs.
- Considers other matters brought to its attention by members of the faculty or academic administration and recommends appropriate action.
- Calls special meetings of the faculty as appropriate.