The Department of Fine Arts welcomes students to experience art through scholarship and as a process of creation. By uniting intellectual inquiry with artist excellence, we affirm the importance of a broad education and prepare our students for creative participation in a changing society.
Founded in 1951 by social realist painter, Mitchell Siporin, the Department of Fine Arts features a distinguished faculty of acclaimed artists and accomplished art historians. Though the department consists of two separate majors and one minor, the curriculum overlaps as we aim to imbue studio artists with a rich historical context and grant art historians a hands-on exposure to the practice.
- Bachelor of Arts in Studio Art
- Bachelor of Arts in Art History
- Minor in Architectural Studies
- Minor in Sculpture and Digital Media
- Post-Baccalaureate Program in Studio Art