Where is YOUR ally card?
To join the growing community of allies at Brandeis you must participate in the Allies Training program and sign the Allies Pledge. You will then have an ally card that you can place on your door, on your desk, in your dorm, or anywhere it might be visbile for our LGBTQ community at Brandeis. These cards signify you as a SafeSpace Ally, and as a safe person. SafeSpace Allies are committed to ending queerphobia on our campus and believe in the inherent worth and dignity of LGBTQ individuals. Join the SafeSpace Allies community and get your card!
Contact Jessamine Beal.
Building an Ally Community at Brandeis
The Brandeis SafeSpace Allies Training
The Intercultural Center and the Sexuality and Gender Diversity Program proudly present the NEW Brandeis SafeSpace Allies Training!
The SafeSpace Allies training focuses on the experiences of LGBTQ college students and how queerphobia, heterosexism, and heterosexual privilege negatively impact this crucial time in their lives. We work with faculty, staff, and students to learn how to interrupt queerphobia as it is happening, how to handle someone coming out to you, and to work to eradicate queerphobia and heterosexism in our selves.
The main goals of the program are to:
- make Brandeis a safer place for ALL of us to be exactly who we are;
- create a visible allied community of undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty and staff;
- raise awareness of issues and concerns surrounding sexual orientation and gender identity/expression;
- provide resources and support for Brandeis LGBTQA students, faculty and staff.
The next campus-wide program will be held November 8th from 5:30 to 7 in the Intercultural Center Conference room. The program is limited to 15 participants.
Other upcoming programs include:
- Thursday, November 17th, from 11 to 12:30 in the ICC Lounge.
- Tuesday, January 24th, from 1 to 2:30 in the ICC Conference Room.
Additional training sessions are available for your department or group. We are happy to customize your training to your specific audience. Please contact Jesse Beal directly to set up a training for your group or department.
The program is free and open to all Brandeis undergraduates, graduate students, faculty, and staff.