Applications are due by November 1, February 15, or April 15 for enrollment in the fall. Applications received by the earlier deadlines receive priority consideration for financial aid. Admissions decisions are usually reached within one month of the application deadline. We are currently still accepting applications for rolling admission.
Who should apply
We look for people who will make significant analytical and leadership contributions in business or finance. You should have:
- A successful academic record in an American bachelor's or equivalent foreign degree program
- Good analytical skills as demonstrated with GMAT or GRE scores
- Experience that demonstrates leadership potential for business
- Motivation for challenging graduate study
We recommend two to five years of full-time work experience after the undergraduate degree (except in the case of the Brandeis BA/MBA Program, which can be viewed here). Undergraduate studies ideally includes introductory economics and statistics. In some cases, the Committee will admit candidates subject to their taking certain courses prior to enrollment.
This new option is available starting with the MBA class entering in Fall 2013. Students may apply for the program in or after their senior year at Brandeis. Applications are being accepted now for entry next Fall; the application deadline is May 1, 2013. Further information on how to apply is below.
To attend an Information Session about this new program on April 5th, please register here.
How to apply
A complete application includes the following:
- Application form, including essay and $55 application fee
- Official GMATor GRE scores (Seniors at Brandeis may apply for the BA/MBA without test score results for Fall 2013- if accepted, this will be on the condition of submitting a test score result by August 1st). The code for Brandeis IBS is 3122.
- Official transcripts
- 2 letters of recommendation (3 for BA/MBA)
- An interview (interviews are offered via phone or video or in person on-campus).
If you are an international applicant your application must also include an official score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), IELTS or PTE Academic unless your native language is English, or you have studied four years for an undergraduate degree (or two years for a graduate degree) at an institution in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Singapore, Australia or New Zealand. For TOEFL score of 100 on IBT is usually required, IELTS a score of 7.0 is required. An official English translation of academic documents is also required.
The writing in your application and essays must be your own. Application materials are verified through online searches to identify plagiarism or purchased documents.