The Brandeis IBS Master in Business Administration (MBA) provides the expertise required in today's global business environment. The program is designed for students with work experience who are seeking to pursue careers in firms operating across borders or competing in international markets, in global consulting firms, in other international organizations. Its main elements are:
- a conceptual framework for understanding business strategy in global markets.
- a comprehensive skill set in finance, accounting, strategy, economics, marketing, organizational behavior and quantitative methods.
- advanced expertise in one or more specialized areas; most students choose finance or strategy as background for positions in financial institutions or consulting, or related positions inside companies. A special finance concentration is offered.
- an ability to apply judgment and expertise to "real world" business problems.
Program of Study
The first year of the program is exciting and intensive: it offers students a comprehensive immersion in global markets and business decisions in finance, marketing, strategy and organization management. You explore these functions individually, and in their interrelations in the integrated business enterprise. You also develop important practical skills in accounting and information systems.
The second year offers more advanced applications and allows you to acquire specialized expertise in finance or another field. Many students spend the fall abroad at one of the world's best business schools-we have exchange relationships with 20 schools around the globe.
Electives include hands-on courses in important areas of practice, often taught by a senior professional in the field. We pride ourselves in the dynamism of our offerings: one of six courses is new every year, keeping the curriculum fresh, and making it possible to use major current issues to motivate learning and analysis.
An illustrative course sequence is below - but remember that your program will almost certainly differ from this depending on your preparation and career objectives. Even the sequence of required courses may be adjusted depending on your background. To explore our offerings, see our course list.
Illustrative Program for Year 1
Illustrative Program for Year 2
* Courses used to fulfill core requirements of the MBA. If core requirements are met with other courses, these may be taken as electives.
MBA students may choose from these specialization subjects:
- Asset Management
- Business Economics
- Corporate Finance
- Data Analytics
- International Economic Policy Analysis
- Real Estate
- Risk Management
- Science & Technology (Under Development)
Further information on these Specializations may be found here.
Enrolled students should consult the Current Students page for detailed information on current degree requirements.