Who should apply
We look for ability and commitment to undertake challenging graduate study. You should have:
- a successful academic record in an American bachelor's or equivalent foreign degree program
- significant work experience, ideally in finance or another analytical field
- analytical skills as demonstrated with GMAT or GRE scores and a good academic record
- motivation for graduate study
Prior studies should include a course in introductory economics (micro and macro). Statistics is recommended.
How to apply
In either case a complete application includes the following:
- Application form, including essay and $55 application fee
- Official GMAT or GRE scores. The code for Brandeis IBS is 3122 ( this requirement may be waived based on significant work experience, strong undergraduate academic background and with permission of Assistant Dean for Admissions).
- Official transcript
- 2 letters of recommendation
If you are an international applicant your application must also include an official score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), IELTS or PTE Academic unless your native language is English, or you have studied four years for an undergraduate degree (or two years for a graduate degree) at an institution in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Singapore, Australia or New Zealand. For TOEFL score of 100 on IBT is usually required, IELTS a score of 7.0 is required. An official English translation of academic documents is also required.
We take plagiarism very seriously. Please note that application materials are verified via Turnitin For Admissions to help identify the use of plagiarism or purchased documents.