Brandeis undergraduates typically enter the program at the beginning of their senior year and remain enrolled at Brandeis for one additional year of full-time graduate study.
Students planning to complete their BA in the fall semester of their senior year should expect to remain in the MA program for an additional three semesters. The university considers students to be undergraduates until they successfully satisfy all of the requirements for the baccalaureate degree, but history shows that BA/MA students benefit greatly from getting to know their graduate classmates and are advised to participate actively in school events in their first year.
A student's preparation for the MA Program should include:
- Introduction to Economics (ECON 2a)
- The Global Economy (ECON 8b)
- Microeconomic Theory (ECON 80a)
- Statistics for Economic Analysis (ECON83a)
The MA program requirements, beyond those also required for the Brandeis BA, include:
- Two years of full-time residency at Brandeis during which students complete 16 courses, including any required to complete BA requirements. The MA degree itself requires specific courses in ECON, FIN and BUS. Certain upper level undergraduate courses may satisfy these requirements, but only if taken prior to entering Brandeis IBS.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation as part of the application process. A sample Letter of Recommendation is available in our online application process.