The MBA at Brandeis IBS
Our MBA is different because of where we are – at Brandeis University. Brandeis International Business School (IBS) is global and rigorous, yet intimate and personal. The 50-60 candidates we accept annually seek a customized education that can be shaped to their individual needs. And like Justice Louis Brandeis, they care as much about their professional effectiveness as the impact they make on the world.
Admission to the MBA at Brandeis IBS
The MBA program at Brandeis International Business School (IBS) seeks candidates who are strong analytical thinkers, excellent communicators, and promising leaders. Evidence of these skills can be demonstrated by the following:
- An excellent undergraduate academic record, preferably with some course work in economics or quantitative analysis. Course work in business is not required.
- Analytical and communication skills, as demonstrated on standardized tests (GMAT or GRE). For non-English speakers mastery of English is shown by the TOEFL test and by interviews with admissions personnel, if requested. Brandeis IBS gives you the opportunity to
take a free GMAT sim test and receive an estimated score.
- Work experience that shows professional conduct, leadership qualities, and exposure to decision-making in business. Two to five years of relevant work experience are recommended. Brandeis IBS does accept a small number of students with less work experience, but outstanding qualities on other dimensions.
- Personal essays that explain the applicant’s relevant background and motivation for study at Brandeis IBS.
- Letters of reference in which former supervisors or teachers provide honest assessments of the candidate’s strengths, weaknesses, and potential for successful study at Brandeis IBS.
Brandeis IBS seeks to accept applicants of the highest personal integrity. All material submitted in an application is expected to be the candidate’s own work (except for letters of reference) and evidence to the contrary may be reason for rejection.
Learn more about admissions requirements.
MBA applications are due by November 1, February 1 or April 15 for fall enrollment. Prospective students who submit their application earlier receive priority consideration for financial aid. Admissions decisions are usually reached within one month of the application deadline.
An admissions interview is available for all programs by invitation and is strongly recommended. Interviews can be conducted by video and "LikeLive," MYCOLLEGEi, telephone, or in person. If you would like to talk with an Admissions counselor, contact us at 781-736-2252 or email@example.com.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Brandeis IBS is committed to attracting highly qualified students from around the world. We demonstrate that commitment by offering financial aid that is generous compared to other business schools. In line with its global mission, the school is proud to award fellowships and loans to international as well as US students.