Main Content


Q.  Where can I go for problems with my Campus Card? 

A.  You can contact the Brandeis Campus Card office:
       P: 781-736-4230
       O: Kutz Hall, Ground Floor (Mon-Fri 9 a.m.-4 p.m.)

Q.  How do I add Who Cash to my campus ID card?

A.  Visit the Campus Card Office at Kutz Hall, or go to the campus card website.

Q.  Does the technology office sell equipment?

A.  We do not generally sell equipment or software, however if items do become
      available you will be notified via email or flyers.

Q.  Does Brandeis IBS give out software like Microsoft Office or Acrobat?

A.  Software must be purchased outside of the Technology Office.
       However, items that are downloadable can be picked up online.

Q.  Does the Technology Office repair computers

A.  We can fix most software issues, but hardware issues should be addressed
       by LTS Repair Shop, located in Goldfarb Main Library, Level 1.

Q.  Can I borrow equipment? (cameras, laptops, phones, etc.)

A.  Students are able to sign out certain cameras and phones. Only staff and
       faculty have the ability to borrow laptops for business-related use.

Q.  Where is the Help Desk located?

A.  The Help Desk is located in the Sachar International Center, Room 102.

Q.  Does the Technology Office assist with website design and creation?

A.  We will provide assistance for faculty and student club sites only.

Q.  Can students reserve rooms?

A.  Yes, but space is limited. Inquire with the Student Services Office.

Q.  How can I purchase STATA?

A.  You can purchase STATA for a discounted rate online. After you place your
       order, you will be contacted within 48 hours with pick-up instructions.

Q.  Where can I go to purchase business cards (students only)?

A.  Business cards can be purchased through the Career Services department.

Q.  Where do I go if the Brandeis IBS cluster copier/printers are out of paper?

A.  Contact the Technology Office.

Q.  Where do I go if my printer runs out of toner (faculty only)?

A.  Economics faculty should contact Karen Muise. Brandeis IBS faculty should contact the Technology Office.

Q: What if I prefer to use Outlook as my email provider?

A: Here's a helpful video on using Outlook for email:

Q: What can I do if my computer and Internet has been running slow?

A: You can learn to clean your system using Piriform CCleaner Software; the video below will help you learn how:

*Brandeis IBS Technology does not provide CCleaner Software. CCleaner, by Piriform, has both free and pay-for versions available.

Q: What do I do if I'm having issues with my computer by my virus software doesn't find any problems.

A: You might have Malware. Learn how to clear up the infection with the video on Malwarebytes below: