The Brandeis IBS Technology Office provides limited support and training for a number of different web-development related functions, including.
- Backups and data recovery
- Classroom technology needs
- Computer clusters and printers
- Desktop or laptop issues
- Email problems or password resets
- Linux- and minnow-related issues
- Media services
- Network support
- Phone issues
- Software requests
Website content management
We provide training and support for staff and student workers who will be utilizing the Content Management System (CMS) to make updates to the website.
- Each training session is personalized to individual departments based on their unique needs.
- All CMS users must take LTS Web Services’ initial CMS Training before they can be approved to access the CMS for the website.
Each faculty member has the ability to update their own profile by logging into SAGE and updating options under the "Faculty Data" section. If further assistance is needed, faculty members should contact the Faculty Administration Department (x62240).
The Technology Office provides faculty members with the means necessary to gain access to the web-server where their website will be located. While we do not develop, update or support faculty websites, the Faculty Administration Department does offer services to ensure that faculty are able to create and update their individual websites.
Student ClubsIn conjunction with the Student Services Office, the Technology Office assists student-run clubs to set up with web space for the development of club websites. The office will request web-space, email forwarding/alias setup and list-server setup for student clubs. Student clubs are required to develop and support websites on their own, though we can facilitate the training necessary to accomplish getting the websites and updates onto the Brandeis web-servers.