Elif Sisli Ciamarra (Ph.D., New York University, 2007), Assistant Professor. Dr. Sisli Ciamarra’s research interests include corporate finance, corporate governance, financial intermediation and executive compensation. Her doctoral dissertation addresses the impact of the bank executives serving on the boards of directors of non-financial companies on firm financing decisions, investment decisions, and performance. She holds undergraduate degrees in economics and business administration from Bogazici University in Istanbul, Turkey, and M.B.A. degree from International University of Japan in Niigata, Japan. Dr. Sisli Ciamarra worked for the Asian Development Bank Institute in Tokyo, Japan for two years as a research associate. She is teaching International Corporate Finance and International Financial Management.
New York University, Ph.D.
International University of Japan, M.B.A.
Bogazici University, B.A.
- Sisli Ciamarra, Elif, Alon Raviv and Tanseli Savaser. "Executive Compensation and Risk Taking: The Impact of Systemic Crises." The Financial Crisis - Implications for Research and Teaching. Ed. in Amann, Wolfgang, Ted Azarmi and Mathias Moersch. Springer, 2014 (forthcoming)
- Hilscher, Jens and Elif Sisli Ciamarra. "Conflicts of interest on corporate boards: The effect of creditor-directors on acquisitions." Journal of Corporate Finance 19. (2013): 140-158.
- Raviv, Alon and Sisli Ciamarra, Elif. "Executive Compensation, Risk Taking and the State of the Economy." Journal of Financial Stability 9. 1 (2013): 55-68.
- Sisli Ciamarra, Elif. "Monitoring by Affiliated Banker on Boards of Directors: Evidence from Corporate Financing Outcomes." Financial Management 41. 3 (2012): 665-702.
- Masahiro Kawai, Peter A Petri and Sisli Ciamarra, Elif. ""Asia in Global Governance: A Case for Decentralized Institutions."." Asian Regionalism and the World Economy: Engine for Dynamism and Stability.. Ed. Masahiro Kawai, Jong Wha Lee and Peter A. Petri.. Edward Elgar, 2010
- Sisli Ciamarra, Elif and Ingo Walter. "The Asset Management Industry in Asia: Dynamics of Growth, Structure and Performance,." Financial Markets, Institutions and Instruments, 16. 1 (2007).
- (2012) Outstanding Corporate Finance Paper Award, Eastern Finance Association
- (2006) Ford Foundation/Aspen Institute Global Scholar Network Fellowship
- (2006) Stern Award for Ph.D. Teaching Excellence
- (2005) Willensky Fellowship, Stern School of Business
- (1997) Monbusho Scholar, Ministry of Education, Japan