Associate Professor of Economics
Economics of higher education; international economics
- Yale University, Ph.D.
- Yale University, M.A.
- Princeton University, B.A.
ECON 2aA Survey of Economics
ECON 8bThe Global Economy
ECON 10aIntroduction to Microeconomics
ECON 59bThe Economics of Education
ECON 134bPublic Sector Economics
IGS 8aEconomic Principles and Globalization
Professor Coiner teaches courses in the Economics of Education, Labor Economics, in addition to some of the core Economics courses. He is also the Undergraduate Advising Head for the Economics Department.
- Coiner,Harry Michael. "How Large a Fraction of University Endowment May Safely Be Spent." Journal of Higher Education Management 8 (1), 57-67.. 1992.
- Coiner,Harry Michael. "The Lognormality of University Endowment in the Far Future and its Implications." Economics of Education Review 9 (2), 157-161.. 1990.
Awards & Honors:
- (2003) Louis Dembitz Brandeis Prize for Excellence in Teaching
- (1972 - 1975) National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship
Office:Sachar International Center, 4