John Ballantine is a specialist on corporate finance and strategic planning. He has taught finance, economics, and banking at Babson College and at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. He was the Chief Financial Officer of a small startup software company. Ballantine was also a senior consultant with the Financial Industries Division at Arthur D. Little, Inc., and a banker with Chase Manhattan Bank. He has published a number of articles about labor economics, the banking industry, financial crises, and small business finance. He currently is Director of the MSF program at Brandeis International Business and Senior Lecturer.
New York University, Ph.D.
University of Chicago, M.A.
Harvard University, B.A.
- Ballantine Jr., John. "Looking into the Crystal Ball: Seeing the Shape of Our Energy Future." September, 2011. (forthcoming)
- Ballantine Jr., John. "“A country divided will…Fall apart, bounce back, stagnate, or… what?” ”." Salon.com http://open.salon.com/blog/johnbal/2010/10/21/a_country_divided_will. (2011)
- Ballantine Jr., John. "Back from the Abyss, the Great Recession is Ending, Ever so Slowly." Salon, online November 12, 2009. November (2010): <salon.com see, http://open.salon.com/blog/johnbal>.
- Ballantine Jr., John. "Lonelyville is Happy." Sweden Conference on Urban Policies and Social Capital, Lidkoping, Sweden. September 24, 2009.
- (2006) Commonwealth of Massachusettes, Carlisle Democrat