Adjunct Professor in the Brandeis International Business School
Applied Quantitative Methods, Statistics Education, Regulatory Theory
- University of Michigan, Ph.D.
- University of Michigan, M.P.P.
- Amherst College, B.A.
BUS 10aFunctions of the Capitalist Enterprise
BUS 211fInformation Management
ECON 210fFoundations of Statistics and Econometrics I
Robert Carver is a Professor of Business Administration at Stonehill College, where he has been since 1982. Both Brandeis and Stonehill have honored him with excellence in teaching awards. He is author and co-author of three statistics texts (SAS Press & Cengage Learning) and has published articles in Technology Innovations in Statistics Education, Case Studies in Business, Government, & Industry Statistics, The Journal of Business Ethics. The Journal of Statistics Education, PS: Political Science & Politics, Publius, Public Administration Review, Public Productivity Review, and the Journal of Consumer Marketing.
He has also taught at Babson College and Boston College.
- Lesser, Lawrence M., Wall, Amitra, Carver, Robert H., Pearl Dennis K., Martin, Nadia, Kuiper, Shonda, Posner, Michael A., Erickson, Patricia, Liao, Shu-Min, Albert, Jim and Weber, John J.. "Using Fun in the Statistics Classroom: An Exploratory Study." Journal of Statistics Education 21. 1 (2013): <http://www.amstat.org/publications/jse/>. (forthcoming)
- Carver, Robert. "Look Who's Talking." Joint Statistical Meetings. San Diego, CA. August 2012.
- Carver, Robert and Nash, Jane G.. Doing Data Analysis with SPSS 18.0,. 5th ed. Belmont CA: Cengage Learning, 2011.
- Carver, Robert. "A Global Dozen." US Conference on Teaching Statistics, Cary, NC. May, 2011.
- Carver, Robert. "How Global are Current Business School Textbooks?." Decision Sciences Institute, Boston. November, 2011.
- Carver, Robert. "Introductory Statistics Unconstrained by Computability: A New Cobb Salad." Technology Innovations in Statistics Education 5. 1 (2011): on-line.
- Carver, Robert. "Visualizing the Fundamental Logic of Statistical Inference." Dean's Forum. Stonehill College, Easton MA. February 25, 2011.
- Carver, Robert. It May be a Great Day for Baseball, but is it a Great Day for a Knuckleball?. Proc. of Joint Statistical Meetings. Miami Beach, FL: American Statistical Association, 2011.
- Carver, Robert. Practical Data Analysis with JMP. 1 ed. Cary NC: SAS Press, 2010.
- Carver, Robert. Practical Data Analysis with JMP. 1st ed. Cary, NC: SAS Press, 2010.
- Carver, Robert. “Recipe for a Cobb Salad in a Time of Easy Computability”. Proc. of 8th International Conference on Teaching Statistics. Ljubljana, Slovenia: International Association for Statistical Education, 2010.
- Carver, Robert; Dobler, Carolyn P.. "Does Learning to Think Statistically = Learning to Confront Ambiguity? Evidence from Two Schools." Joint Statistical Meetings, Washington DC. August 2009.
- Carver, Robert; Dobler, Carolyn P.. "Statistics Means Never Having to Say You’re Certain: Learning to Let Go & Tolerate Ambiguity." US Conference on Teaching Statistics. Columbus OH. June 2009.
- Ord, K., Phelps, A., Carver, R.,. "Program Assessment and Accreditation, with Particular Reference to Business Schools." Joint Statistical Meetings,. Vancouver BC (Canada). August 3, 2010.
- Carver, Robert and Nash, Jane G.. Doing Data Analysis with SPSS 16.0. 4th ed. Belmont CA: Cengage, 2009.
- Carver, Robert. "¿Spanning the Globe: The Intro Stats course as a Gateway to the Rest of the World.¿." Joint Statistical Meetings. Denver CO. August 2008.
- Carver, Robert. Minitab Supplement to Accompany Business Statistics by Sharpe, De Veaux, and Velleman. Boston: Pearson Education, 2009.
- Carver, Robert. "Addressing Ambiguity Intolerance." Decision Science Institute meetings, Phoenix AZ. November 2007.
- Carver, Robert. "Shades of Gray: Ambiguity Tolerance and Statistical Thinking." Joint Statistical Meetings, Salt Lake City UT. August 2007.
- Carver, Robert. "Tales of Huffman: An Exercise in Dealing with Messy Data." CSBIGS: Cases in Business, Industry, Government and Government Statistics 1. 2 (2008): 130-138 <http://www.bentley.edu/csbigs/documents/carver.pdf>.
- Carver, Robert. "Internationalizing the Introductory Statistics Course in Business." Northeast Decision Sciences Institute meetings, San Juan PR. March 2006.
- Carver, Robert. Ambiguity Intolerance: An Impediment to Inferential Thinking?. Proc. of Joint Statistical Meetings. Seattle Washington: American Statistical Association, 2007.
- Carver, Robert H., Nash, Jane Gradwohl. Doing data analysis with SPSS version14. Belmont, CA: Thomson-Brooks/Cole, 2006.
- Carver, Robert & Nash, J.G.. Doing Data Analysis with SPSS 12.0. Belmont, CA: Duxbury Press, 2005.
- Carver, Robert. "If the River Stopped: A Talmudic Perspective on Downsizing." Journal of Business Ethics 50. 2 (2004): 137-147.
Awards & Honors:
- (2006) Brandeis University International Business School, Prize for Excellence in Teaching
Office:Sachar International Center, 11