Carol L Osler
Associate Professor of Finance
Currency Market Microstructure, Exchange Rate Dynamics, Financial Markets, Open Economy Macroeconomics
- Princeton University, Ph.D.
- Swarthmore College, B.A.
ECON 202aApplied International Macroeconomics
ECON 235aCentral Banking
ECON 330aInternational Macroeconomics
FIN 205aAccelerated Financial Theory
FIN 230aTrading and Exchanges
Dr Osler worked for 10 years at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York as Senior Economist in the Capital Markets Section of the Research and Market Analysis Group, where she specialized in currency market microstructure, exchange rate dynamics, and asset pricing.
She taught previously at Columbia University, the Amos Tuck School at Dartmouth College, and the Kellogg School of Management.
- Osler, Carol L. "“The Microstructure of Currency Markets,." Market Microstructure in Emerging and Developed Markets,. Ed. Kent Baker and Halil Kiymaz, Eds.. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2013 (forthcoming)
- Osler, Carol L. "Survival of Overconfidence in Currency Markets”." Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis. (2011). (forthcoming)
- Osler, Carol L. "Book Review: The Exchange Rate in a Behavioral Finance Framework." Journal of International Economics (2007). (forthcoming)
- Osler, Carol L. "“Market Microstructure and the Profitability of Currency Trading,”." Annual Review of Finance and Economics 4. 2012 (2013): 469-495.
- Osler, Carol L; Jennifer Bender; David Simon. "Noise Trading and Illusory Correlations in U.S. Equity Markets." Review of Finance 17. 2 (2013): 625-652.
- Osler, Carol L. "Exchange Market Structure, Players, and Evolution." Handbook of Exchange Rates. 1st ed. vol. 1 Ed. James, J., Ian Marsh, Lucio Sarno. New York, London: Wiley and Sons, 2012. 1-25.
- Osler, Carol L. "Asymmetric Information and the Foreign-Exchange Trades of Global Custodial Banks." Sixth Annual Central Bank Workshop on the Microstructure of Financial Markets, New York, New York. October 7, 2010.
- Osler, Carol L. "Price Discovery in Currency Markets." Journal of International Money and Finance 30. 8 (2011): 1696-1718.
- Osler, Carol L. "“Extreme Returns: The Case of Currencies,"." Journal of Banking and Finance 35. (2011): 2868-2880.
- Osler, Carol L. "Liquidity Dynamics in Limit Order Markets Under Asymmetric Information." Journal of Banking and Finance 34. 11 (2010): 2665-2677.
- Osler, Carol L, Bruce Mizrach. "Foreign Exchange Microstructure: A Survey." Encyclopedia of Complexity and System Science. First ed. 10 vols. 2008.
- Osler, Carol L. "Macro Lessons from Microstructure Osler." International Journal of Finance and Economics 11. 1 (2006): 55-80.
- Osler, Carol L. "Stop-Loss Orders and Price Cascades in Currency Markets." Journal of International Money and Finance 24. 2 (2005): 219-241.
- Osler,Carol L. "Currency Orders and the Predictive Success of Technical Analysis." Journal of Finance (2003).
Awards & Honors:
- (2013) Market Technicians Association Recognition Award
- (2008) IBS Teaching Award