Earle W. Kazis Professor of the Practice of Finance and International Real Estate; Director of IBS Curriculum; Chair of the Business Program (undergraduate)
credit risk, leveraged finance, real estate, country risk
- Columbia University, M.I.A.
- University of Rochester, M.A.
- Queens College, City University of New York, B.A.
BUS 10aFunctions of the Capitalist Enterprise
BUS 235fReal Estate Fundamentals
BUS 236fInternational Real Estate: The Emerging Markets
BUS 237fInternational Real Estate: The Mature Markets
ECON 232fCountry Risk Analysis
FIN 242fCredit Risk Analysis
FIN 244fCredit Risk Analysis II
Professor Bayone worked for 23 years at BankBoston and its successor firm, FleetBoston Financial, in various senior capacities including Executive Vice President and Chief Credit Officer, responsible for overseeing U.S. and international lending.
From 2010-13, Ed served on the Board of Directors of SuperMedia Inc., one of the largest yellow pages directory publishers in the US, until its merger with Dex One to form Dex Media. He chaired the board's Nominating & Corporate Governance Committee and served on the Audit Committee.
From 2006-09, he served on the Board, and chaired the Risk Committee, of Churchill Financial, a commercial middle market finance and asset management company. He then served as Advisor to the CEO and Board until the company was sold in May 2010 to Olympus Partners.
For 11 years beginning in 2002, Ed served on the Budget & Administration Committee of the Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston, and on its Board of Directors from 2009-12. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of Congregation Kadimah-Toras Moshe.
Ed serves as chair of the undergraduate Business Program and as the IBS Curriculum Coordinator.
Awards & Honors:
- (2010) "Teacher of the Year" at Brandeis University, IBS
- (2005) "Teacher of the Year" at Brandeis University, IBS
- (2005) Earle W. Kazis Chair in the Practice of Finance and International Real Estate
- (2004) "Teacher of the Year" at Brandeis University, IBS
- (2002) "Teacher of the Year" at Brandeis University, GSIEF
Office:Lemberg Academic Center, 259