Professor of International Business
Alliance Strategy and Management, Global Strategy and Organization, Technology Strategy, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Harvard University, D.B.A.
- Princeton University, M.P.A.
- Brandeis University, B.A.
BUS 260aCompetition and Strategy
BUS 262fAlliance Strategy
Ben Gomes-Casseres is an authority on alliance strategy and management. He has researched this topic for 25 years, taught it to MBAs and executives, and consulted with major companies worldwide. Before coming to Brandeis, he served a decade on the faculty of the Harvard Business School. He is the author of "The Alliance Revolution: The New Shape of Business Rivalry" (Harvard University Press, 1996) and co-author of "Mastering Alliance Strategy: A Comprehensive Guide to Design, Management, and Organization" (Jossey-Bass/Wiley, 2003). He is currently working on a book on the use of external resources in strategy, to be published by Harvard Business Review Press. Ben's work has also appeared in various scholarly journals and industry periodicals. He is a frequent speaker at major conferences and a consultant and executive trainer to Fortune 100 companies. He maintains a website with his work at http://www.alliancestrategy.com.
- Gomes-Casseres, Benjamin. "How Alliances Reshape Competition." Handbook of Strategic Alliances. Ed. Oded Shenkar and Jeffrey J. Reuer. Thousand Oaks, CA:: Sage Publications, 2006
- Gomes-Casseres, Benjamin. "Vendor or Partner?." Outsourcing Venture Management Quarter 3, 2006.
- Gomes-Casseres,Benjamin co-auth. Adam Jaffe and John Hagedoorn. "Do alliances promote knowledge flows?." Journal of Financial Economics (2005).
- Gomes-Casseres,Benjamin Co-Authored with James Bamford and Michael Robinson. Mastering Alliance Strategy: Design, Management and Organization. San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, 2003.
- Gomes-Casseres,Benjamin. The Alliance Revolution: The New Shape of Business Rivalry. Cambridge MA: Harvard University Press, 1996.
- Gomes-Casseres,Benjamin Co-Authored with David Yoffie. International Trade and Competition: Cases and Notes in Strategy and Management. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1994.
- Gomes-Casseres,Benjamin. "Group vs. Group." Harvard Business Review (1994).
- Gomes-Casseres,Benjamin Co-Authored with David Yoffie, Edward Elgar, co-ed. David Yoffie. The International Political Economy of Direct Foreign Investment,. Aldershot UD: Edward Elgar Publishers, 1993.
Awards & Honors:
- (2000 - 2001) Decade Award for Most Influential Article Published in Journal of International Business in 1990's
- (1987) Barry M. Richman Award for best dissertation in international management, Academy of Management
- (1976) Phi Beta Kappa and Departmental Award for Historical Research