Anne P Carter
Professor Emerita of Economics
Changing Specialization Of Businesses And Of Workers, Economics Of Information, Technical Change, Technology Transfer
- Harvard University, Ph.D.
- Harvard University, M.A.
- Queens College, B.A.
ECON 56bSocial Priorities and the Market
ECON 141bEconomics of Innovation
USEM 57bWhy Work?
A specialist in technical change and technology transfer, Anne Carter has consulted with a variety of businesses and governmental organizations, including Data Resources, Battelle, U.S. Department of Commerce and Labor, Economic Council of Canada, and the United Nations.
She is a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, of the Econometric Society, and of the Union of Concerned Scientists, a member of the Advisory Board on the Future of Work of the Russell Sage Foundation and of the Corporation of Resources for the Future. She was founding president of the International Input-Output Association.
At Brandeis she teaches courses on technological and economic change and on work in the global business environment. A former dean of the faculty at Brandeis, she has also taught at Harvard University, Brooklyn College, and Smith College.
- Carter,Anne P, with W. Leontief and P. Petri. The Future of the World Economy. Oxford University Press, 1977.
- Carter,Anne P, ed.. Energy and the Environment, A Structural Analysis. University Press of New England, 1976.
- Carter,Anne P, co-ed.. Several books on input-output analysis or techniques. A. Brody, 1970.
- Carter,Anne P. Structural Change in the American Economy. Harvard University Press, 1970.
Awards & Honors:
- (2003) Fellow, Econometric Society
- (2003) Sponsor, Federation of American Scientists
- (2003) Who's Who: in America, in the East, of American Women, in Economics
- (1989 - 1992) First President, International Input-Output Association
- (1987) Phi Beta Kappa awarded on occasion 50th anniversary of Queens College
- (1984) Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- (1976) Fred C. Hecht Chair in Economics
- (1975) Honorary ScD., Lowell University
- (1968 - 1986) Chair, Organizing Committee, UNIDO International Conferences on Input-Output Techniques
Anne P Carter
Office:Sachar International Center, 203