Access company, industry, news, stats and more
Resources Available include: (on and off campus)
- Research Quickstart Video: Watch a brief tutorial on how to get started with your research at the Brandeis University libraries. Click here to watch the video tutorial.
- LexisNexis Academic (under Key Databases): Use this for searches of full-text articles in business press, including sources such as The Economist, Financial Times, and Business Week. The database is large and the search procedures can be complex, so study the system and read the help files before you begin downloading large numbers of articles. With careful definition of keywords and sources, you can often narrow down your search to yield only what is relevant to your project.
- Business Source Premier (under Key Databases): Use this for full text and indexing in thousands of journals in business, management, economics, banking, finance, accounting and more. 3,350 journals are covered, 2,800 of which are in full text. Some notable titles include the Harvard Business Review, Industrial & Labor Relations Review, the Journal of Management Studies, and the Journal of Marketing Research (JMR). The database also includes country economic reports from the EIU. Additionally, Business Source offers a supplemental section named Regional Business News with daily updates.
- Thomson Research (under Key Databases, used to be called Global Access): Provides business and financial information on international and U.S. publicly-held companies, including over 12,000 companies trading on major U.S. stock exchanges and public filings of SEC documents dating back to 1968. The database gives you access to profiles and summary data (see “Business View” tab), as well as to original SEC documents (see “References” tab).
- ProQuest (under Multidisciplinary Databases - will be replaced by Academic Search Premier on September 1, 2003): Full-text and full-image of top journals and periodicals, including several in business. Tip: Go to “Collections” tab and then open the “General Reference” item; check “Business Module” only to narrow your search to business sources. You may also check “full text only” to be get items that you can download right away.
- ArticleFirst (under Key Databases): Indexes table of contents pages of more than 12,000 journals in all fields, 1990 to present. Results can be sorted to show full text and to show what is in the Brandeis library’s collection. Be aware, however, that most of the journals covered are not business and economics, so select your keywords carefully and restrict the search by source (go to Databases/List by Topic in menubar on left).
Sources on the Web
In addition to the databases in the Brandeis Library, there are additional free resources available on the Web. See IBS's guide to business resources on the web.