The Technology and Innovation Management Club (TIMC) is a gateway for Brandeis IBS students to the highly dynamic and evolving tech field. The group strives to:
- provide members the network and experience to promote career opportunities across all technology industries
- advocate for knowledge and education in technology fundamentals and trends
- gain access to employment resources
- interact with technology leaders and professionals
- The club is focused on the innovative aspects of technology, and is dedicated to fostering entrepreneurial spirit at Brandeis IBS.
Activities and events include:
- Networking with outside associations and companies
- Guest speakers
- Company visits- to provide members a close look at the high-tech work environment, to promote networking opportunities and to connect members with alumni
- Brainstorm professional technology ideas
- Phoenix workshop- combine business with science
3 Day Startup
What is Brandeis 3 Day Startup?
The idea is simple: start tech companies over the course of three days. The event not only equips the students with tools to translate their ideas to reality but also help turn them into entrepreneurs, and connect those students with a powerful network of mentors, investors and talented colleagues and friends.
We rent work space for an entire weekend, recruit 40 students with a wide range of backgrounds, cater food and drinks, invite top-notch entrepreneurs and investors, pick the best idea for a software startup during the Friday brainstorming session, and release a minimal prototype by Sunday night. The goal is to build enough momentum among a network of motivated people to sustain the company beyond the weekend.
Read more about the 2014 event here. Stay tuned for more information on the 2015 3 Day Startup!