Each IBS Classroom is equipped with a Dell Optiplex 755 computer. These computers come equipped with Windows 7 and the latest releases of University endorsed software. The Classroom computer systems are for general faculty use only. Students are restricted from using these computers unless directed by a faculty member, the IBS Technology Office, or if the room has been reserved.
Each classroom is also equipped with projectors and video/audio equipment.
These systems are "refreshed" multiple times per semester. During a refresh, all files on the computer are wiped clean. It is highly recommended that users do not save files directly to these systems.
755 System Specs:
- Quad Core Processor
- 4GB Ram
- SATA 3.0GB/s Hard Drive
- 256MB Video Memory
Computer Cluster Software:
- Windows 7 - Windows 32 bit operating system
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro - read and create PDF documents
- Barra Aegis 4.0.1 - portfolio analysis
- CRSP Compustat 1.2 - database of financial, statistical and market information
- Mathematica 7 - computation, modeling, simulation, visualization, development, documentation, and deployment
- MATLAB - a numerical computing environment and fourth generation programming language
- Microsoft Office
- SPSS 15.0 for Windows - statistical and data management software program
- STATA 11 - statistical software
- Thomson One Banker with the VentureXpert Module
For a full list of cluster software, please visit the "IBS Software" webpage.
For training information on IBS Classroom & Meeting Room equipment, please visit this FAQ
or contact Rob Trombino
at the IBS Technology Department. For basic Classroom or Meeting Room Support Services, please fill out our online help request form
or contact the IBS Technology Help Desk at ext. 64853 (781.736.4853)