UX Design Processes
This course will provide students with the industry skills and techniques required to work effectively on a user experience (UX) or product team in the context of different organizational environments. Students will explore a range of development processes (Agile, Lean, SAFe, and many others), and learn how UX design and user research fit into those processes. Coursework will focus on developing and applying communication and collaboration skills. Topics will include obtaining stakeholder and executive buy-in for UX resources, process change, and the integration of design thinking and design critique activities into product development processes.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
• Articulate how and when UX activities can fit into development processes.
• Evaluate the UX maturity of an organization.
• Articulate the pros and cons of different user experience team structures.
• Create an effective user experience strategy that aligns with and supports the business strategy.
• Conduct a design thinking workshop with stakeholders.
• Estimate, decompose, and track their UX work using the same tools as their engineering peers.
• Communicate and collaborate more effectively with stakeholders across the organization.