Multichannel Marketing Campaigns
The Multichannel Marketing Campaigns course is set up as a strategic and practical guide to designing, conducting and measuring multichannel marketing initiatives – for B2B and B2C brands. The course is designed to teach the fundamentals of 21st Century Digital Marketing – based on creating on-going, seamless customer experiences across digital and traditional channels. Included in the foundational topics covered in this class are the three stages of marketing:
• The New Customer Journey, and Why the Marketing Campaign is dead
• Developing customer journeys – the fundamentals
• Content, Channels and Measurement for Consumer Journeys
In addition, this course will look at the principles of paid, owned, and earned as converged digital marketing, and the role of diagnosing the channels for acquiring new customers.
The practical aspects of the course - covered in Weeks 2-9, will entail developing a customer engagement plan, within groups of ¾ students, for a selected company of choice (company options will be presented in week 4 – students will have a choice of choosing companies in B2B and B2C markets) across 5 key marketing areas:
1. Identifying and developing core personas
2. Mapping of key moments and content to support the journeys
3. Identifying and prioritizing the channels to support the journeys
4. Learning how to apply website/ mobile app personalization for anonymous and known visitors
5. Measurement and optimization of journeys
Week 10 will be the culmination of the course. During this final week, group presentations will be showcased using the steps learned in this course. This course is intended as a comprehensive multichannel marketing primer - equipping students with the core skills to be successful in joining a marketing team and making an impact – as consumer experience architects and managers.