Opportunities for Doctoral Students
Doctoral students should apply for the Mellon Dissertation Research Grants and the Sachar Award (GSAS doctoral students only — please check on the GSAS web site for further detail) or the Provost's Dissertation Support Awards (all doctoral students in all three schools).
The Provost's Dissertation Support Award due date is March 25, 2014.
Grant Opportunities for Graduate Students
GSA is sponsoring Travel & Research Grants for students from all three schools.
I. Award Description
The Travel & Research Grants provide funds to graduate students to conduct research, primarily for a thesis or the “major project” required by some graduate programs. Applicants may seek funding for various expenses, including:
- travel to libraries and archives;
- defray the costs of field research;
- purchase specialized software (not laptops or software available through the Brandeis site license);
- pay fees for access to repositories and collections;
- duplicate research materials;
- attend a scholarly conference when presenting (if funding is available).
The competition for grants is limited to GSAS, Heller, and IBS graduate students. Doctoral may apply for the the Provost's Dissertation Support Award if they have completed all of their coursework and have an approved dissertation proposal (are ABD).
III. Application Process
The application consists of the following:
One copy of:
- Application Cover Sheet
- Project Proposal (as described in the Application Cover Sheet)
- Budget (also available on the GSA Web site)
Assistant Provost, MS 207
PO Box 549110
Waltham, MA 02454-9110
Alwina Bennett at the Graduate Student Center in Kutz (main floor opposite Registrar's Window).
ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY NOVEMBER 25, 2013.
Applications not submitted as outlined will be considered incomplete.