Travel and Research Grants
GRANT OPPORTUNITIES FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
The GSA sponsors Travel & Research Grants for students from all three schools.
I. Award Description
The Travel & Research Grants provide funds to graduate students to conduct research, primarily for a thesis or the “major project” required by some graduate programs. Applicants may seek funding for various expenses, including:
- travel to libraries and archives;
- defray the costs of field research;
- purchase specialized software (not laptops or software available through the Brandeis site license);
- pay fees for access to repositories and collections;
- duplicate research materials;
- attend a scholarly conference when presenting (if funding is available).
Applicants may seek reimbursement for expenses incurred between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016. Awards for the GSA TRG monies are normally in the $150-$300 range.
The competition for grants is limited to GSAS, Heller, and IBS graduate students. Doctoral candidates may apply for the the Provost's Dissertation Support Award if they have completed all of their coursework and have an approved dissertation proposal (are ABD).
III. Application Process
The application consists of the following:
One copy of:
Director of Graduate Student Affairs
PO Box 549110 MS 207
Waltham, MA 02454-9110
Jessica Basile at the Graduate Student Center in Kutz Hall (main floor opposite Registrar's Window).
ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 4, 2016.
Applications not submitted as outlined will be considered incomplete.