Travel and Research Grants
The Graduate Student Association is sponsoring the Travel & Research Grant (TRG) program to support graduate students in their pursuit of research at Brandeis.
I. Award Description
The TRG funds provide money to graduate student to conduct research, primarily for the thesis or the “major project” required by some programs. Applicants may seek funding for various expenses, including:
- Travel to libraries and archives
- To defray the cost of field research
- To purchase specialized software (not laptops or software available through the Brandeis site license)
- To pay fees for access to repositories and collections
- To duplicate research materials
- To attend a scholarly conference if presenting a paper or poster (if funding is available).
Applicants may apply to be reimbursed for funds expended from July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015. Awards for the TRG funds are normally in the $150-$300 range.
The competition will grant funds to master’s and doctoral students at GSAS, Heller and IBS. All graduate students are eligible, however, the committee will take into account other awards or funding received by a student when determining a final award.
III. Application Process
The application consists of the following:
- 1 copy of the Application Cover Sheet
- 1 copy of a Project Proposal as described on the Application Cover Sheet
- 1 copy of the completed Budget Sheet
Applicants can submit the above materials in one envelope and send or hand deliver them to the Graduate Student Center, Kutz Hall, MS 207, Brandeis University, Waltham MA 02454, Attention: Jessica Basile
Applications not submitted as outlined will be considered incomplete.