Online Submission to the Brandeis Institutional Repository (BIR)
Advantage of Online Submission
The Brandeis Institutional Repository is committed to the long-term preservation of your work. This assures access for future researchers.
Another virtue of electronic submission is that you may submit from an off-campus location. If you complete your thesis and are based off campus, you can make any necessary revisions from your home PC, finalize your document, and electronically submit by the given deadline for graduation.
Print and Electronic Access to Dissertations in the Brandeis Institutional Repository
Dissertations deposited in the Brandeis Institutional Repository will be searchable through major search engines such as Google, thus increasing visibility of your research.
Library Technology Services
You may also contact the graduate school or Library Technology Services (LTS) for technological support. For information about hours and location, visit LTS.
Submitting Dissertations in Digital Format
The gateway to submit your document online is here.
- Acceptable File Formats: The document should appear in Adobe PDF format. You should carefully check the PDF file after conversion, regardless of which software you use to convert to PDF!
- No compression or password protection and no digital signature should be used. GSAS can make no changes to the document. Therefore, the burden of how the document looks when it is accessed or printed is entirely the responsibility of the author.
- PDF Conversion:Your Word file(s) must be converted into a single PDF.
- Embed all fonts.
- Save all JPEG images into PDF
- In the abstract, list any electronic files that cannot be embedded within the PDF.
A PDF tutorial of how to submit to the IR is available here.
**For a PDF tutorial, go here. For more information on working with PDF files contact Research & Instruction Services in Goldfarb Library at the Infopoint Desk, 6-4670.