Contact Peggy Higgins
Begins April 8
Please read the following to determine if you need to register for the GSAS Graduate Summer Term. Please note that students in need of a summer 2014 loan must be actively pursuing academic studies and enroll in the necessary courses as outlined below.
Master's students in the programs listed below are required to register for summer and should complete registration through SAGE self-service no later than the date listed:
- Master’s students in the Genetic Counseling program are required to participate in a clinical internship and should register by May 23 for BIOL 212A (2190) and BIOL 213A (2192). Registration for Graduate Summer Term does not count toward the residency requirement. The summer registration fee will be waived.
- Master’s students in the Biotechnology program are required to participate in an internship and should register by May 23 for BIOT 212A (2196). Contact Neil Simister for the instructor approval code. Registration for Graduate Summer Term does not count toward the residency requirement. The summer registration fee will be waived.
- Master’s students in the MAT in Education program should register by May 23 for the courses determined by your program. Contact Manuel Tuan for the instructor approval code. Full-time MAT tuition will be charged.
- Master’s students in the Hornstein Jewish Professional Leadership program should register by June 1 for courses in consultation with your program advisor. Half semester tuition will be charged.
Master’s students not listed above and who fall into either of these categories:
- who are working on or completing their master’s thesis, final paper, or final project this summer need to enroll in CONT 200A (course #2326). Also, if their program has a corresponding course, students should simultaneously enroll in this course, unless enrolled in a previous semester. A summer Extended Master’s flat fee of $1400 will be charged. Please note that CONT 200A can only be taken twice in a student’s master’s career.
- who plan to enroll in an independent study, internship, or a lab rotation must register by sending an email to Richard Cunnane in the Office of the University Registrar that identifies the course by its Subject, Course number, and instructor and that includes your full name (as listed in sage) and your sage I.D. number. You must also request the instructor to send an email to Richard that grants approval for enrollment to his/her class. Until the email is received your enrollment request will not be processed in sage.
Ph.D. students in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, or Computer Science are required to register for summer and will be enrolled by the Registrar.
- Ph.D. students in the Life Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, and Computer Science programs are required to be on campus or at a related lab for the full year while engaged in taking classes and/or doing research related to their field of study and will be enrolled in CONT 250B. Registration for Graduate Summer Term does not count toward the residency requirement. The summer registration fee will be waived.
Students who intend to complete their degree program for an August degree must be enrolled this summer. Note: the deadline for filing an August degree application is June 13, 2014; the online application will be available on the Registrar’s website on May 19.)
- Ph.D. Degree Candidates: If you are defending your Ph.D. dissertation by August 1, 2014 and depositing your dissertation by August 14, 2014, you are required to register for CONT 250B and will be enrolled automatically by the Registrar's office upon approval of your application for an August degree. The summer registration fee will be waived for Ph.D. candidates.
- Master’s Degree Candidates: If you are finishing your Master’s thesis/project/capstone during the summer 2014 and plan to deposit your thesis by August 14, 2014, you are required to register for CONT 200A (2326). Should your Master’s Program have a corresponding final paper/thesis/project course per degree requirements, you should simultaneously enroll in that course if you have not already taken that course. If you entered your program in Fall 2012 or later, you will be billed as a Summer Extended Master’s student. The corresponding fee is $1400 for summer 2014. Note that students who complete all program requirements for an August degree prior to June 1 will not need to register for the summer term. However, you will need to notify the Graduate School that you wish to change your status for the summer to Degree Pending.
- For ALL August Graduate Degree Candidates: The online application for an August degree must be submitted by June 13, 2014. Note that students who complete all program requirements for an August degree prior to June 1 will not need to register for the summer term. However, you will need to notify the Graduate School that you wish to change your status for the summer to Degree Pending.
Brandeis Summer School
Students who are pursuing a Master's degree or Post-Baccalaureate credit may choose to enroll in graduate level courses in the Brandeis Summer School. Some GSAS departments may choose to designate selected courses offered through the Summer School for credit towards a GSAS Master's degree or Post-Baccalaureate credit. Students may review course listings in the Summer School Bulletin here. Students should register for Summer School courses by contacting Richard Cunnane in the Office of the Registrar and NOT enroll in courses via the Summer School website.
Upon confirmation of participation, students will be registered in the JBS Program. Students will not have to take any action in terms of enrolling in the Program courses.
Note: GSAS students who register for summer courses in the Summer School, Heller, or IBS will be expected to pay the appropriate tuition to that school.