Post-baccalaureate program in Studio Art
Brandeis University's Post-Baccalaureate Program in Studio Art is designed for students with a bachelor's degree who are interested in extending their experience in studio art. The program is a one- or two-year residency program that focuses on the disciplines of painting and sculpture. The structure emphasizes independent work with assistance achieved through critical interaction with faculty and visiting artists. Students can prepare portfolios for admission to graduate school, or achieve the self-sufficiency necessary for continued studio work outside an academic environment.
Graduates of the Post-Baccalaureate program have gone on from the program to the best graduate schools in the country or have gone straight into the art world with great success in both areas. In over a decade that the program has been running, it has provided a strong backbone for countless artists' critical thinking and studio habits.
We encourage you to explore one of the department’s greatest assets through our faculty pages.
For the most updated course listing, course descriptions, and degree requirements, please visit the Registrar.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis through June 1.
To apply for the program, you need to submit:
- An online application;
- An application fee (please click here for more information);
- Transcripts from all universities and colleges attended must be uploaded to your application; do not mail official transcripts to our office. For more information, visit Frequently Asked Questions;
- One letter of recommendation, submitted online;
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé;
- A statement of purpose indicating your reasons for undertaking post-baccalaureate study.
- A minimum of 12 images of recent works: painting, sculpture, prints and/or drawings. Once each image is uploaded, select 'edit details' to enter Title, Year, Size, Medium, and Description.
International students: For additional requirements for international applicants (non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent residents), minimum TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores, and important information regarding visas, please click here.
For a more comprehensive description of application requirements, please visit Frequently Asked Questions.
Generous scholarships and financial aid are available; for more information please visit Financial Aid.
Students and alumni can work closely with Career Services for an array of resources, including CV/resume help, job search, and networking.