Free, Confidential Consultation
Concerned about your own or someone else's substance use? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Jon Moran at the Counseling Center (781) 736-3730.
If you have a life threatening emergency, call Brandeis University Police at 781-736-3333.
Psychological Counseling Center
To reach the Brandeis Counseling Center, call (781) 736-3730 or visit the Brandeis Counseling Center website.
Signs Of An Alcohol or Drug Problem
Students often ask the question, "How do I know if my alcohol or drug use is a problem?"
Here is a list of signs and behaviors that may indicate that a person may be experiencing a problem with alcohol or drugs:
- Driving while intoxicated or high
- Drinking until you pass out or vomit
- Neglecting academics or work obligations (i.e., getting high before class or work, skipping class or work due to your use or hangovers, missed deadlines)
- Trouble with police and other authorities
- Using alone on a regular basis or at inappropriate times
- Protecting or hiding your stash
- Relationship difficulties (i.e., arguments with friends or family while using or complaints from family and friends about your use)
- Feeling out of control (not being able to stop or cut down), regretful or embarrassed about behavior while under the influence
- Sneaking use and not being able to stick to limits you may have set
Call Lauren at the Health Center at 781-736-3693 or email@example.com to talk about your results!If you are concerned about a friend's substance use, reach out. Visit How To Help A Friend.