Brandeis Industry Night Confirmation
Sherman Function Hall, Hassenfeld Conference Center
4:30-5 p.m. Industry Representative Registration
5–6 p.m. Industry Representative Pre-Reception
6–8 p.m. Open Networking
- $100 For-Profit
- $50 Non-Profit
- $0 for Brandeis Alumni/Parents
Register online through Handshake for the industry event that closely matches your job function and/or employer. Industry options include advertising, business,consulting and finance for the BCF event and biotech, health and science for the Biotech, Health and Science event. Non-profit and social justice industries are welcome at both.
What You Can Expect
As an Industry Representative, you and 30+ other Industry Representatives will be assigned to a networking section based on your primary field/function within a larger industry (e.g.Research). Students will receive a list of the Industry Representatives in each section and will rotate through to meet you. The room will be set up like a cocktail networking reception and you will have a designated hightop table in your section. Students will ask questions about your career path, organization, field, job function, and more. Students will represent diverse majors, class years and stages of career development. Some may be sophomores just beginning to explore internships and careers, while others may be graduating seniors specifically interested in working at an organization like yours.
Tips for Networking with Students
- DO tell students what you’ve been up to since you were their age (at Brandeis or elsewhere).
- DO describe your current role and how it relates to your organization’s mission.
- DO be honest about your experiences, including challenges and lessons learned.
- DO describe the qualities that your organization looks for in prospective candidates.
- DO be proactive and introduce yourself to shy students. This event is as much about career exploration as it is a chance to practice networking in a safe space.
- DO feel free to facilitate introductions among students and other industry representatives in the room.
- DO feel free to gently end a conversation if a student is monopolizing your time and encourage them to speak with other industry representatives in attendance.
- DO meet and mingle with fellow industry representatives to expand your own network.
- DO feel free to distribute your business cards and other company collateral; invite students to
- connect with you on LinkedIn; and follow you on social media, if you feel comfortable.
- DO feel free to collect student resumes if you have open internships or entry-level jobs at your organization. The Hiatt Career Center can also collect resumes electronically on your behalf.
Campus Arrival and Parking
Guests arriving to campus should enter at the main entrance and turn left andproceed to the stop sign. From the stop sign you can continue straight to Hassenfeld Lot (H-Lot), which is closest to venue, or turn left to Theater Lot (T-Lot). Please note that parking passes are not required for this event since it takes place in the evening. Once you park, walk from either parking lot to the Hassenfeld Conference Center. Directions to both parking lots and the main venue are located on our online map.
Directions and Campus Map
For additional campus and parking information, please review the Visiting Brandeis section.