What should I expect as a WOW applicant?
What should I expect as a WOW fellow?
- It is expected that you will have discussed your internship goals with your internship sponsor/supervisor well before submitting your application; these goals will be reflected in the Employer Internship Offer and Agreement letter.
Selected WOW Recipients
- You will attend the required Pre-departure Meeting on Thursday, April 26, 2012. If you are abroad, or you have indicated a time conflict, you will work with a Hiatt counselor one-on-one to receive all necessary information.
- You will be required to pursue and complete the internship that you described in your application; changes to your proposed internship are not permitted.
- If you are not able to take up or complete your internship, you will contact the Hiatt Career Center immediately to discuss the situation and determine the next steps that need to take place.
- The program requires you to use your award funds to cover expenses directly related to your internship.
- You are required to familiarize yourself with the health and safety issues related to your internship responsibilities, workplace, or destination.
- As a WOW Fellow, you will be representing Brandeis University and the Hiatt Career Center. You must conduct yourself professionally at all times.
- Throughout your internship, you will contribute three blog posts to the WOW blog in response to specific questions. You will also be required to post three comments on other fellows’ posts.
- The Hiatt Career Center may use your written materials to inform the public about the program.
- Failure to abide by these requirements may result in a judicial referral to the Department of Student Development and Conduct as well as a return of all or portions of the award monies.