5K YMA FSF Scholarship
$5000 scholarships awarded to top candidates entirely on merit as well as G.P.A., case study, personal essay and interview with YMA FSF Ambassador. Due Oct 18, 2016
Download the 2017 case study!
YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund
The YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund encourages gifted and enterprising liberal arts students to pursue careers in design, merchandising, retail and business. The program offers internships, career mentoring from prominent senior executives, and $5,000 scholarships for students interested in the business of fashion as a career.
Brandeis is 1 of the 41 educational institutions nationwide selected to participate. For additional information about YMA and the scholarship fund, visit their website.
Brandeis University students have been incredibly successful in their pursuits of the YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund. From 2010-2016, 16 Brandeis students have been awarded a scholarship.
Congratulations to 2016 recipients:
|Fallon Rosen '16||Julie Lubbers '17||Xiaoxi Ma '18|
Eligibility & Application Information
- Eligible students must be a current sophomore, junior or senior. Seniors graduating in the fall of 2016 are not eligible to apply.
- Overall G.P.A. of 3.0 or above.
- Completion of a case study as part of the application. Students must work with a faculty member on the development of their case.
- Applicants will be expected to participate in an interview with a YMA FSF School Ambassador.
- Students must have a desire and passion to enter the Fashion Industry.
Step 1: Contact a committee member to confirm your eligibly and establish your login for the online application. You will also be given a case study that you will need to complete and submit with your application.
Step 2: Access the application materials in B.hired. Note: Students must be listed as #EmployerReady in the Handshake system before applying.
Step 3: Contact one of the faculty committee members and work on the preparation of your case studies. Students are free to work with any faculty members but can review the list of committee members who are acting as resources to students.
Step 4: Submit your application, case study, resume and official transcript by October 18, 2016 and make sure that a committee member takes the final step of approving your submission.
- Co-chairs: Caroline O'Shea and Alan Bertman
- Professor Jane Ebert
- Professor Tory Fair
- Professor Maura Jane Farrelly
- Professor Grace E. Zimmerman
- Professor Robert Carver