Hiatt’s networking requirements
Before you can join Hiatt's LinkedIn group, search alumni on CAN, or submit a Wisdom Wanted ad, you must:
1. Read, sign and return Hiatt's social responsiblity and integrity contract.
2. Watch this online workshop and answer the quiz correctly.
3. Request to join the Brandeis University Career Connections Linkedin group
Brandeis Business Cards
Order personalized business cards via Vistaprint at vistaprint.com/brandeisstudents!
Overview: Networking 101
You're already doing it
Networking can be formal or informal and can take place at any time. If you’ve ever talked to a professor, chatted with a family friend, or made conversation with someone on a plane, then you’ve already participated in networking. In addition to these interactions, Hiatt encourages you to take a more intentional and professional approach.
The process of networking may help you to:
- Build confidence in communicating with others
- Learn industry trends and professional vocabulary from practitioners
- Explore industries through an insider’s perspective
- Identify skills and experiences of successful professionals
- Develop personal criteria to make choices about careers
- Improve interview skills through professional conversations
- Expand your circle of professionals in your field or job function
- Learn about jobs and internships with target employers
- Give back by advising others