Hiatt’s networking requirements
Before you can join Hiatt's LinkedIn group, search alumni on CAN, or submit a Wisdom Wanted ad, you must:
1. Read, sign and return Hiatt's social responsiblity and integrity contract.
2. Watch this online workshop and answer the quiz correctly.
Brandeis Business Cards
Order personalized business cards via Vistaprint at vistaprint.com/brandeisstudents!
Overview: Networking 101
You're already doing it
Networking can be formal or informal and can take place at any time. If you’ve ever talked to a professor, chatted with a family friend, or made conversation with someone on a plane, then you’ve already participated in networking. In addition to these interactions, Hiatt encourages you to take a more intentional and professional approach.
The process of networking may help you to:
- Build confidence in communicating with others
- Learn industry trends and professional vocabulary from practitioners
- Explore industries through an insider’s perspective
- Identify skills and experiences of successful professionals
- Develop personal criteria to make choices about careers
- Improve interview skills through professional conversations
- Expand your circle of professionals in your field or job function
- Learn about jobs and internships with target employers
- Give back by advising others