Hiatt sponsors 3rd annual Government Forum (11/10)
Nov. 01, 2010
3rd Annual Government Forum
Thursday, November 10, 2011
6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Sherman Hall, Hassenfeld
Explore public service through this highly popular networking and recruiting program. Sponsored by the Hiatt Career Center, the Government Forum will feature a keynote presentation by Representative Tackey Chan ’95 (D. Quincy, MA), followed by round table networking sessions for students, alumni, faculty, and staff with agency representatives.
RSVP: B.Hired > Events > Career Forums
Professional dress is strongly recommended.
Government Career Forum Preparation Workshop
Wed., Nov. 9, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. (Hiatt Career Center)
Make the most of the opportunity to meet agency representatives at the Government Careers Forum on Nov. 10! Learn how to research agencies in advance, participate in the information round tables, and develop questions and responses that set you apart - essential preparation for this great career event.
RSVP: B.hired > Events > Workshops
This forum is expected to sell out. Reserve your spot by pre-registering for the event.
Representative Tackey Chan ’95 (D. Quincy, MA)
Tackey Chan worked as an Assistant Attorney General in Attorney General Martha Coakley’s Office of Ratepayer Advocacy from 2007 to 2010. As a regulatory attorney in this division, he represented the interests of residential, commercial and industrial utility consumers at adjudicatory proceedings before the Massachusetts Departments of Public Utilities and Telecommunications and Cable. His duties included opposing rate increases proposed by utility companies, investigating service quality issues, interfacing with low income advocates and monitoring energy conservation efforts.
Prior to the Attorney General’s office, he worked as General Counsel and Legislative Director for State Senator Michael W. Morrissey from 1995 to 2007. In addition to acting as a liaison for both the state and municipal offices, during this time he was also responsible for overseeing and addressing a wide-range of policy issues concerning the electric and gas industries, telecommunications, alcohol and professional licensing, identity theft, gaming, consumer law, media relations, constituent services, and the state budget. Tackey also has practical experience in the private sector. He worked as an information systems administrator at Onsett International for four years, founded his own part-time, private law practice and has appeared as an actor in local television commercials.
In 2003, Tackey received his Juris Doctorate from New England School of Law and was admitted to the Massachusetts Bar. He graduated from Brandeis University in 1995 with a Bachelor of Arts in Politics and from Boston College High School in 1991.
- The 187th Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Representative Tackey Chan ’95
- Office of Senator Scott Brown
- Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- VA Boston Healthcare System
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- U.S. Department of Education/Office of Civil Rights (OCR)
- National Archives and Records Association (NARA)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- U.S. Department of Transportation/Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security/Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)/Investigations
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security/Department of Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Peace Corps
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. Army Healthcare Recruiting
- U.S. Navy
- Department of Environmental Protection (MA DEP)
- Massachusetts Office of the State Treasurer & Receiver General
- Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
- City of Cambridge - Consumers' Council
- AmeriCorps: Citizen Schools
- AmeriCorps: City Year
- AmeriCorps: Student Conservation Association/Conservation Corps