Apply to be a 2014-15 Hiatt Advisor by 2/4
Jan. 01, 2014
Hiatt is looking for rising sophomores, junior and seniors to apply to be a 2014-2015 Hiatt Advisor. Review the job description below to see if this exciting campus leadership position is right for you! Please note: Applications are due Tuesday, February 4, 2014.
2014-2015 Hiatt Advisor Job Description
Hiatt Advisors (HA's) complement existing Hiatt services by serving as an initial source of support for students needing career advising. HA's assist with campus-wide Hiatt programming, promote career development events, and serve as liaisons between students and Hiatt. HA's also have the opportunity to explore career opportunities from an insider's perspective and receive greater exposure to job and internship openings and graduate schools.
- Hold drop-in hours at Hiatt at least once per week to support students’ career development needs (resume and cover letter review, job and internship search, etc.).
- Serve as voice and face of Hiatt Career Center in the campus community; bring student feedback to the Center.
- Promote Hiatt’s career development services
Hiatt Advisors will ideally be students who:
- genuinely want to help fellow Brandeis students succeed
- possess or wish to develop strong organizational skills, public-speaking techniques, and the ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- possess strong writing skills and the ability to provide detailed feedback on written materials
- are in good academic standing
- represent a wide range of academic majors, residential communities, and other interest groups at Brandeis
- are work-study eligible (preferred but not required)
- HA's will be paid an hourly stipend each week.
- HA's will receive support from Hiatt staff for their own career development and will be assigned a staff mentor.
- HA's will receive leadership training on communication, team work, and career counseling.
- HA's will have unique opportunities to connect with alumni and employers.
- HA's will be expected to return to campus for summer training in mid-August, prior to the rest of campus.
- HA’s will be expected to attend weekly hour-long Hiatt Advisor staff meetings during the academic year, in addition to their drop-in appointments and committee duties.
Submit a resume, cover letter and contact information for (2) references in a separate document to this job posting in B.hired by Tuesday, February 4, 2014. Must also apply to position on Student Employment website. Approved resumes strongly suggested. Late applications will not be considered.