Hiatt seeks 2015-16 marketing intern (Deadline: 4/2)
Mar. 12, 2015
Are you interested in marketing and digital media? Are you a creative visionary who enjoys taking on new challenges? Do you like tweeting, liking and posting? Do you have design skills? Are you good at getting the word out?
The Hiatt Career Center is seeking a marketing intern for the 2015-16 academic year. This intern will work 10-15 hours per week, with a flexible start date in late August.
About the Hiatt Career Center
The Hiatt Career Center prepares Brandeis students and alumni to develop the skills to transform their unique backgrounds, liberal arts education and experiential learning into meaningful professional futures and relationships. Hiatt’s Career Development team offers individual counseling appointments, group workshops and campus-wide events as well as an array of online resources. Hiatt’s Employer Relations team partners with top employers to offer a variety of recruiting and career exploration events both on and off-campus as well as job and internship opportunities for Brandeis students. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications, the marketing intern assists with a variety of projects relating to the Hiatt’s marketing goals and initiatives, on both the student and employer sides.
About the Position
This position is a great opportunity for students who want to go into marketing, advertising, event planning, public relations, or related fields. The marketing intern will work directly with professional staff on the development of creative content, both visual and written, for a variety of communications projects – from posters and flyers to Hiatt’s website and social media tools. This internship will allow the student to develop valuable skills and build his or her portfolio, while branding a busy undergraduate career center to the greater campus community and promoting programs and services to students to help them succeed in future careers. The intern will also receive support from staff for his/her own career development and will have unique opportunities to connect with alumni and employers.
- Produce email marketing campaigns using Constant Contact.
- Develop and produce print collateral and materials to brand Hiatt and events, including but not limited to office handouts, event posters and flyers, postcards, etc.
- Maintain the timeliness of content on the Hiatt website, including the Brandeis event calendar, feed, Hiatt news items and event landing pages.
- Promote upcoming programs and events through online event calendars, B.hired events newsletter, and partners across campus
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following qualities and skills:
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to target messaging to different audiences (e.g. students, alumni, employers) in a clear, concise way.
- Well-rounded computer skills, including proficiency with Mac OS X, Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, and social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced, ever-changing work environment, and work well with students, counseling staff, UDRs, faculty, and employers.
- Strong attention to detail and proven record of working quickly and independently and managing multiple projects at once.
- Interest in working in an environment that values hard work, listens to input, and celebrates creativity.
- Not afraid to grow as a marketing professional, and to be presented with unique opportunities to network with other professionals in the marketing and communications field.
- Working knowledge of basic HTML and web content management systems a plus.
To apply, please upload the following as one document via the Student Employment job portal:
- Resume (Hiatt-approved resumes are strongly encouraged)
- Cover letter
- Relevant writing sample (1-2 pages)
Work-study eligible preferred but not required. Juniors studying abroad next semester, graduating seniors or rising seniors who plan to graduate a semester early are not eligible to apply, as it is a position that spans the entire academic year. Deadline to apply: April 2, 2015.