Hiatt seeks 2013-2014 marketing intern
Feb. 24, 2013
Position: Marketing Communications Intern, Hiatt Career Center
Supervisor: Monika Bach Schroeder, Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications
Compensation: $9 per hour
Days & Hours: 2013-2014 academic year, 10-15 hours a week. Flexible start date in August.
You see our posters; you read our e-newsletters; and you like our Facebook posts. Now we need a marketing communications intern with drive and creativity to help us promote Hiatt to the Brandeis community for the 2013-2014 academic year. Are you in?
About the Hiatt Career Center
The Hiatt Career Center prepares Brandeis students and alumni to develop the skills to transform their unique backgrounds, liberal arts education and experiential learning into meaningful professional futures and relationships. Hiatt’s Career Development team offers individual counseling appointments, group workshops and campus-wide events as well as an array of online resources. Hiatt’s Employer Relations team partners with top employers to offer a variety of recruiting and career exploration events both on and off-campus as well as job and internship opportunities for Brandeis students. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications, the marketing intern assists with a variety of projects relating to the Hiatt’s marketing goals and initiatives, on both the student and employer sides.
About the Position
This position is a great opportunity for students who want to go into marketing, advertising, event planning, public relations, or related fields. The marketing intern will work directly with the Assistant Director on the development of creative content, both visual and written, for a variety of communications projects – from posters and flyers to Hiatt’s website and social media tools. This internship will allow the student to develop valuable skills and build his or her portfolio, while branding a busy undergraduate career center to the greater campus community and promoting programs and services to students to help them succeed in future careers. The intern will also receive support from staff for his/her own career development and will have unique opportunities to connect with alumni and employers.
- Produce Hiatt’s weekly student e-newsletter using Constant Contact.
- Develop and produce print collateral and materials to brand Hiatt and events, including but not limited to office handouts, event posters and flyers, postcards, etc.
- Maintain the timeliness of content on the Hiatt website, including the MyBrandeis event calendar, feed, Hiatt news items and event landing pages.
- Design and update weekly “This Week at Hiatt” print calendar and PowerPoint presentation for the LCD screen to promote upcoming programs and events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following qualities and skills:
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to target messaging to different audiences (e.g. students, alumni, employers) in a clear, concise way.
- Well-rounded computer skills, including proficiency with Mac OS X, Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, and social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter. Working knowledge of basic HTML, web content management systems, and mobile applications a plus.
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced, ever-changing work environment, and work well with students, counseling staff, UDRs, faculty, and employers.
- Must have strong attention to detail and proven record of working quickly and independently and managing multiple projects at once.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, 1-2 page relevant writing sample and contact information for three professional or academic references to the posting in B.hired, in addition to applying online through the Student Employment job portal. Work-study eligible preferred but not required. Graduating seniors or rising seniors who plan to graduate a semester early are not eligible to apply, as it is a position that spans the entire academic year. Approved resumes are strongly encouraged. You must apply by March 22. Late applications will not be accepted.