Submit your design by 11/18 for Marketing Forum Poster Contest
Oct. 31, 2013
Got what it takes to market an event to all of Brandeis?
If you answered yes to any of the above, the Hiatt Career Center wants YOU to submit your design to our Poster Design Contest!
Hiatt seeks your creativity to market our 4th annual Marketing Forum on Thursday, January 23, 2014, to Brandeis faculty, staff, and your fellow students (event details coming soon!).
By submitting a design, you can:
- Build upon your existing resume/portfolio
- Show off your marketing skills to industry professionals and fellow students
- Get a chance at winning the Grand Prize
Hiatt will print the winning design on a glossy 1.6' x 3' banner to be displayed around campus in the weeks prior the event. The winning design will also be displayed at the event itself, and the winner will be recognized in the event program.
- Poster designs must be submitted by Monday, November 18, for consideration.
- Please send the original file and a PDF version (if possible) of your poster to Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications, Monika Bach Schroeder at email@example.com.
- Posters can be created in any design program, including but not limited to: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator (download .ai template), Adobe Photoshop (download .psd template), Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc. For your convenience, the Getz Lab in the basement of the Goldfarb Library offers computers with many design programs for student use.
- Poster design file must be 1.6' x 3' (20" x 35") in size (vertical layout only).
- Poster design should be easily manipulated to accommodate publications on website, large posters, flyers, and small graphics.
- Students can be creative with their design and messaging, but all posters must contain the following elements:
- Correct spelling and grammar
- Event name: "Marketing Forum"
- Event date, time, location: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m., Sherman Hall, Hassenfeld
- Keynote speaker: Hannah Grove, State Street
- Link to event page for more information (go.brandeis.edu/markforum) Coming soon!
- "Brandeis University"
- "Sponsored by the Hiatt Career Center" (Download Hiatt logo files: Black TIF)
- "Professional dress required"
View the winning poster from 2013.
View the winning poster from 2012.
View the winning poster from 2011.
Voting & Winner Selection
The Brandeis community will be able to cast their vote online for their favorite designs from November 22 – December 4, so tell your friends to vote for you! Only one vote per person, please!
The grand prize winner will be selected by Hiatt staff based on the number of votes and the following criteria:
- Graphic design
- Overall marketing appeal
The grand prize winner will be announced in the Hiatt E-Newsletter, Sunday, December 8, 2014. The winner must be available to make edits to the final decision at the request of the career center.
For more information, please contact Monika Bach Schroeder, assistant director of marketing and communications at the Hiatt Career Center.