Fall Interview Coaching Sessions
Aug. 16, 2016
The Hiatt Career Center invites undergraduate students and alumni to participate in 30-minute interview coaching sessions with industry volunteers. These sessions are a great way to prepare for real job or internship interviews, industry nights, career fairs, and other upcoming opportunities. The phone and Skype sessions in particular are very useful preparation, as many employers conduct first round screening interviews remotely before bringing in candidates.
Interview Coaching Sessions
In-person at Hiatt and via phone/Skype
Sign up in B.hired for a 30-minute session with an interview coach of your choice to get constructive feedback in a one-on-one setting. These volunteers have signed up especially to help YOU so don't miss out! Sessions are available in-person, over the phone or via Skype, and will be labeled accordingly.
During the first 15 minutes of your session, your coach will ask you sample questions in a simulated interview situation. Then your coach will give you 15 minutes of constructive feedback on your preparation, body language, answers, articulation of ideas, and other skills and attributes that can make or break a real interview. Professional dress is highly recommended.
The interview coaches have asked that all students bring a printed copy of their resume to their session to help simulate an actual interview, as well as a sample job/internship description that is of interest. If your session is on the phone or via Skype, please email these documents to your coach in advance (you will receive their email after registering).
Questions? Contact the Hiatt Career Center at email@example.com or 781-736-3618.
View all upcoming interview prep programs in B.hired with interview coaches' names, titles, industries and bios. All coaches can conduct general practice interviews, in addition to their specified industries.
Tues., September 27, 2016, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Dale Joseph, P'18, career counselor (via phone; general interviews)
- Kai-Wei Chang '13, med student (via phone; pre-med interviews)
- Tamar Winters '09, dentist (via phone/Skype; pre-dental interviews)
Tues., October 25, 2016, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- David Zucker, P'17, VP/GM/CMO, Omaha Steaks (via phone/Skype; marketing/business interviews)
Tues., November 1, 2016, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Debbie Lipton '83, career counselor (in-person; general interviews)
- Cheryl Arbia, P'17, business development consultant (in-person; business/health interviews)
- Lauren Fraid '05, associate, Arnold & Porter (phone/Skype; law interviews)
- Jeffrey Tarter '65, retired publishing/tech writer (in-person; general interviews)
Tues., November 8, 2016, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Ariana Hajmiragha '13, Coordinator, Tufts (phone; higher ed/nonprofit interviews)
- Elyssa Kotzen '07, former Dana Farber administrator (in-person; healthcare interviews)
- Daniel Altman, P'20, General Counsel, LSV Advisors, LLC (via Skype, business/finance/law interviews)
Tues., November 15, 2016, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Susan Adler '72, former HR director (in-person; government/general interviews)
- Jesse Manning '13, COO, production company (via phone/Skype; film production/business/entrepreneurial interviews)
- Pavlik Mintz '83, principal consultant, Collaborative Consulting (in-person; IT/computer science interviews)
Tues., November 29, 2016, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Emily Breitbart '13, higher ed professional (via phone; general interviews)
- Nina Godles '13, Sr. Associate, Trinity Partners (in-person; healthcare consulting, case interviews)
- Leanne Winn, manager of museum administration & special events, The Rose Art Museum (in-person; event planning, retail, training)