Spring Interview Coaching Sessions
Aug. 16, 2016
The Hiatt Career Center invites undergraduate students and alumni to participate in 30-minute interview coaching sessions with industry volunteers. These sessions are a great way to prepare for real job or internship interviews, industry nights, career fairs, and other upcoming opportunities. The phone and Skype sessions in particular are very useful preparation, as many employers conduct first round screening interviews remotely before bringing in candidates.
Interview Coaching Sessions
In-person at Hiatt and via phone/Skype
Sign up in Handshake for a 30-minute session with an interview coach of your choice to get constructive feedback in a one-on-one setting. These volunteers have signed up especially to help YOU so don't miss out! Sessions are available in-person, over the phone or via Skype, and will be labeled accordingly.
During the first 15 minutes of your session, your coach will ask you sample questions in a simulated interview situation. Then your coach will give you 15 minutes of constructive feedback on your preparation, body language, answers, articulation of ideas, and other skills and attributes that can make or break a real interview. Professional dress is highly recommended.
The interview coaches have asked that all students bring a printed copy of their resume to their session to help simulate an actual interview, as well as a sample job/internship description that is of interest. If your session is on the phone or via Skype, please email these documents to your coach in advance (you will receive their email after registering).
Questions? Contact the Hiatt Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-736-3618.
View all upcoming interview prep programs in Handshake with interview coaches' names, titles, industries and bios. All coaches can conduct general practice interviews, in addition to their specified industries.
Tues., February 28, 2017, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Syrl Silberman '66, career and life coach (in-person; television/media/general interviews)
Tues., March 7, 2017, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Cheryl Arbia, P'17, business development and planning expert (in-person; business interviews)
Tues., March 14, 2017, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Tom Quinn, MBA'10, senior partner, Witt/Kieffer (in-person; non-profit/recruiting interviews)
- Elyssa Kotzen '07, former Dana Farber administrator (in-person; healthcare interviews)
- Ceci Zhang '12, pre-MBA associate, Neuberger Berma (phone; grad school/finance interviews)
Tues., March 28, 2017, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Jamie Landers '08, senior business analyst, Liberty Mutual Insurance (in-person; business/consulting interviews)
- Leanne Winn, manager of museum administration & special events, The Rose Art Museum (in-person; event planning, retail, training)
Tues., April 4, 2017, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Susan Adler '72, former HR director (in-person; government/general interviews)
- Debbie Lipton '83, experienced HR professional (in-person; general interviews)
- Robin Malloy '81, real estate attorney for Staples, Inc (in-person; law/general interviews)
- Dale Joseph, P'18, career counselor (via phone; general interviews)